
today I had so much fun taking pictures of the HARRIS GIRLS!!! The Harris House is filled with princesses, barbies, hairbows, & everything girly. I noticed there were no dragons, snakes (we brought our own), dinosaurs, or cars in sight. Quite a different sight than the Bray household... (at least for now:). We played outside on the water table most of the time, but after we took pictures we went inside & Chase asked Leah if he could watch one of her "princess" movies. Wouldn't daddy be so proud:)....








a grandma's pov...
when panic hits me...








a grandma's pov...
here is something that my mother wrote for all of you readers to enjoy....
I am Hope Bray's mother and the grandmother of Chase and Ellison- two of the cutest children you could ever hope for! I thought it would be a good idea however to tell a story from a grandmother’s point of view. Being a grandmother is the most wonderful and extraordinary experience in the world so let me share with you some of the joys of grandparenting.
Last week I went to visit my angelic little grandchildren, armed with hugs and love that only a grandmother can give. Hopie was so willing to leave them with me while she got her hair done and all was blissful for 30 minutes as the little angels slept. But then I heard number one boy Chase crying out for me... oh yes he wants his grandmother. So what if he doesn’t nap today!! So I get him out of his bed and he begins to race around the house as if he is a race car on steroids. Naturally I remind myself that I am a young grandmother and that I jog and keep fit so I can keep up with him. That was my first mistake. He is fast.... really fast. And he talks alot- I mean alot! And the chase (excuse the pun) was on....
My little angel then calls out that he needs to use the potty. No problem. I have raised three kids and one of them was a boy. He runs outside, pulls down his pants and begins to hose down his toys and his grandmother. Ok that wasn’t too funny. But as most adoring grandmothers would do I told him that that was a cute trick and it was time to go inside. In a split second (I mean that) Chase grabs his potty seat and puts it over his head. Oh...how nice.. another cute trick but now He is crying----screaming that he can’t get it off his head. The potty seat and all of the Sesame characters are now stuck on my grandson’s head. Now don’t you think I would be thinking of how to get if off?? No. I am only thinking about what my daughter will say when she comes home and the potty seat is stuck on her son’s head. I pull it off seemingly ripping his ear off and then the trouble begins. Oh, did I forget to mention that up to this point there was no trouble? The chase was on as Chase began to open cabinets, cry for a snack and bang on his toys. I began to cry for mercy.
Trust me, when Hope came home it was me and not Chase that was hanging from the chandelier. I had to protect myself!! Seriously, being a grandmother is the best gift anyone has ever given me. But the greatest gift is that I get to go home after babysitting and thank the Lord that children are for the young!!!
Last week I went to visit my angelic little grandchildren, armed with hugs and love that only a grandmother can give. Hopie was so willing to leave them with me while she got her hair done and all was blissful for 30 minutes as the little angels slept. But then I heard number one boy Chase crying out for me... oh yes he wants his grandmother. So what if he doesn’t nap today!! So I get him out of his bed and he begins to race around the house as if he is a race car on steroids. Naturally I remind myself that I am a young grandmother and that I jog and keep fit so I can keep up with him. That was my first mistake. He is fast.... really fast. And he talks alot- I mean alot! And the chase (excuse the pun) was on....
My little angel then calls out that he needs to use the potty. No problem. I have raised three kids and one of them was a boy. He runs outside, pulls down his pants and begins to hose down his toys and his grandmother. Ok that wasn’t too funny. But as most adoring grandmothers would do I told him that that was a cute trick and it was time to go inside. In a split second (I mean that) Chase grabs his potty seat and puts it over his head. Oh...how nice.. another cute trick but now He is crying----screaming that he can’t get it off his head. The potty seat and all of the Sesame characters are now stuck on my grandson’s head. Now don’t you think I would be thinking of how to get if off?? No. I am only thinking about what my daughter will say when she comes home and the potty seat is stuck on her son’s head. I pull it off seemingly ripping his ear off and then the trouble begins. Oh, did I forget to mention that up to this point there was no trouble? The chase was on as Chase began to open cabinets, cry for a snack and bang on his toys. I began to cry for mercy.
Trust me, when Hope came home it was me and not Chase that was hanging from the chandelier. I had to protect myself!! Seriously, being a grandmother is the best gift anyone has ever given me. But the greatest gift is that I get to go home after babysitting and thank the Lord that children are for the young!!!
when panic hits me...
I make bad decisions.
"mommy, there is poop in my pants!" I hear from the other room.
I must admit that I used to hear this phrase all of the time.. so much so that it usually did not even cause me to stir when my little man would shout it out. However, it has been some time since I had heard this phrase. SO... when I heard it today from the bathroom I ran in the bathroom with a paniced feeling inside. All it took was one look to know that the cute little fanny that is usually flat in underwear had a large lump in the bottom of it.
"okay, do not panic, Hope, I told myself"
Meanwhile, Chase was just brushing his teeth on his stool acting like nothing was even going on.. men..
"Okay, Chase, do not move" I told him as I took his underwear off..
"Oh no!" As the underwear came down the poop fell out onto the stool..
"DON'T MOVE!" I screamed!
"Whaaatttt???" and Chase stepped backwards into the poo-poo.
"AAAHHHHH!!!! Okay, just stand there until I can figure out what to do.
My poor boy had his foot in the air for about 15 seconds until I finally just grabbed the poop with my bare hands.
"now why would I do that??? I mean seriously, was that really a decision that I made with my brain?? There was toilet paper nearby & even washcloths. Did I really have to do that? I threw it into the toilet but it was still on the bottom of Chase's foot. I was cleaning it up just in time.. Ellison crawled into the bathroom & right up onto the stool to see what was going on .. imagine if I was not there in time to clean it up.. oohhhh....yuck!
"mommy, there is poop in my pants!" I hear from the other room.
I must admit that I used to hear this phrase all of the time.. so much so that it usually did not even cause me to stir when my little man would shout it out. However, it has been some time since I had heard this phrase. SO... when I heard it today from the bathroom I ran in the bathroom with a paniced feeling inside. All it took was one look to know that the cute little fanny that is usually flat in underwear had a large lump in the bottom of it.
"okay, do not panic, Hope, I told myself"
Meanwhile, Chase was just brushing his teeth on his stool acting like nothing was even going on.. men..
"Okay, Chase, do not move" I told him as I took his underwear off..
"Oh no!" As the underwear came down the poop fell out onto the stool..
"DON'T MOVE!" I screamed!
"Whaaatttt???" and Chase stepped backwards into the poo-poo.
"AAAHHHHH!!!! Okay, just stand there until I can figure out what to do.
My poor boy had his foot in the air for about 15 seconds until I finally just grabbed the poop with my bare hands.
"now why would I do that??? I mean seriously, was that really a decision that I made with my brain?? There was toilet paper nearby & even washcloths. Did I really have to do that? I threw it into the toilet but it was still on the bottom of Chase's foot. I was cleaning it up just in time.. Ellison crawled into the bathroom & right up onto the stool to see what was going on .. imagine if I was not there in time to clean it up.. oohhhh....yuck!
favorite of the week:
today I was laying on the floor w/ Chase watching a movie. He turned to me with his finger up his nose & said..
"Hey mommy, is this food to eat?" AAAAHHHHH!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment