

the exhibitionist
I really think that the picture above says it all...
Last night I went into Chase's room to check on him as I always do around 11pm. When I cracked the door & saw his diaper on the floor I knew we were in trouble. As I approached the crib, I noticed that he was completely naked (pj's, diaper, etc.) & curled up under his blanket asleep. "How long did it take him to do this?" I wondered. "Was it hard?" Maybe I am babying him too much.. if he can take his clothes off by himself then does this mean that he can put them on too? Just at thought.. I wish that I could say that this was an isolated incident. Unfortunately it is now a nightly occurence. I guess it could be worse... my nephew (Grey) likes to dress up in my sister's high heels & prance around the house. Just yesterday my niece (Hopie - his sister) proposed to him & he said yes. I think it is time for some intervention.
$$$$$$$
SO... as a mom of 2 on a resident's salary we are always trying to figure out ways to save money. I had the best idea last week... what can I cut out of our grocery bill that is unecessary.. wine of course! Any mom knows that wine is an essential part of the evening. Kind of like taking your vitamins. Just when all of the dinner is cooked, dishes are done, baths are taken, diapers are changed, playroom is cleaned 3 times, laundry is dried & folded, books are read, teeth are brushed, & lights turned out, it is mom's turn to relax a little bit & have a glass of wine... or two. Yes, it is nice to have a glass of wine, but is it really necessary? Not really.. or so I thought. I called one of my best friends here, Lindsay, who always has sound advice & ran my idea by her. Naturally, her response was "no, Hope, you really don't need to do that.. you should just cut out Chase's apple juice." Oh, of course, what was I thinking???
go Tigers
My friend, Lauren, from college came over tonight to keep me company while Chris was on call. It was SO sweet of her! We talked & talked for hours - just like old times...only not quite. She is now due with her first baby in about 6 weeks so clearly our conversations have evolved over the years. When I first met Lauren I lived next to her in the freshman dorm. We used to talk about how nobody likes black jellybeans. So of course late at night when my roomate & BF (Caroline) & I did not want to study anymore, we would sit outside her door & flick black jelly beans under her door just to avoid the pain of hitting the books. Tonight as we were talking about how to make homemade baby food, daycare centers, & discipline methods, I couldn't help but laugh to myself about how this was a stark contrast to our college conversations about fake ID's & fraternity parties. Thank goodness for old friends....there is nothing like them.
turning 30
I need to go brush my teeth. I just realized that it has been a while since I have done that (6:30am to be exact) & it is now 11:30pm. I think part of the reason that I decided to start a blog is b/c I find it absolutely histerical how different my life is now than 10 or even 5 years ago. The reality of turning 30 in March is hitting me hard. Inside I still feel like the same girl who didn't know that clothes were sold anywhere but Copper Penny, never left the house w/o pointed shoes & lipstick on, highlighted my hair on a regular basis, & actually sat down to watch movies or eat meals. That was then... this is my reality now... I have not stepped foot into Copper Penny in years. In fact, the only new clothes that I have bought in the last 5 years have been bought by my mom or as presents. I don't know where my pointed shoes are, the only ones I can find are clogs or tennis shoes. My lipstick is in the car. If I can remember to put it on while I am driving Chase to school then that is likely the only time it will be on all day long. Even if I do get to put it on it is usually crooked b/c Chase does not like for me to put the mirror down - "put it up Mommy" is all that I hear from the back seat when I attempt to look in the mirror for the first & only time of the day. I haven't highlighted my hair in 8 months but made an appointment last week when I realized that I had more grey than highlights. I cannot stand sitting down for movies - I feel like I am wasting time that I could be folding clothes or straightning up the house. I might as well never sit down for a meal b/c I usually end up hopping up b/c something has spilled, someone wants "someping else to eat," or hands need to be wiped. This is my new life at 30 ... and I love it!!
1 comment:
Dear Hopie,
Yet another attempt to write on your "blog"......who came up with this word anyway?!@?
Ty heard me laughing/crying reading your "mommy" stories last night.....he joined in for the fun!
It's all about pay back....
Before I forget....I have first dibs on the 20% plastic surgery coupon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to all......AC <><
Post a Comment