Oh wow, Lindsay! Thank you SO much for sending the first picture in my line-up tonight! That gives me a GREAT visual for the story I am about to tell. So.. my friends up here all tease me b/c they say that Chase wore monograms & smocks for the first 2 years of his life. So last night we got into this conversation at community group about dressing our boys. {PS - in case you have not noticed there is a LindsAy (Keller's mom) & a LindsEy (Sophie's mom).} SO, LindsAy said that when she baptized Keller that her mom brought down the baptism gown that has been in her family for generations to at least "try" on Keller . Wow, Lindsey, she is so beautiful! Jeremy, I see now why you put your foot down...
Lindsay, I can totally see you ringing your clothes out on a rock in that outfit.. definitely suits you to a T.
little slugger
"mommy, can we hit in school today?" was the comment that I heard from the backseat today. "No, Chase, we cannot hit in school today. "well, OK mommy." I am assuming that he asked b/c everyday I lecture him on the way to school about NOT hitting. At least he is listening...
the bookstore
I also lost Chase today. It was really scary. I was at the bookstore w/ my friends. (For any of you who are not in Charlotte.. the bookstore is "the IT" place to go to meet for playdates. They have train tables, books, toys, & the best part is that it is FREE!! I was talking to one of my friends when I realized that he was gone. The bookstore is huge so I started looking just in the children's area. It is pretty big so when I searched the whole first floor & could not find him then I began to panic. I was about to go get security when I happened to look up & see his short little legs climbing up this huge staircase like he was training for the "iron boy" contest. SO.. I ran as fast as I could until I got to the top of the stairs & that little bugger was gone again! I started to panic again & asked a few people who were sitting around sipping their lattes (wouldn't that be nice!) "have you seen a little boy run though here?" Most of them barely looked up & said "no" before they took another sip of their lattes. UUGH! Finally another mom asked me if that was my little boy sitting over there on the couch. I looked up & there was my sweet little angelic boy smiling & laughing on the couch. Boy, was my blood boiling! "Chase, you cannot run away from mommy!"
"What?"
"You cannot run away from mommy!"
"Ok mommy, sure."
Just another day in the relaxing life of the Brays....




1 comment:
Hopie, i'm glad to see you in "blogger world". I knew it would not be long b/c all the cool moms are doing it. I was reading your funny stories about turning 30, hanging with your tweener friends at the book store, kat and her 65 kids...you've got some really good blog material. I thought it would be nice to receive an encouraging note from someone other than Yai-Yai.
PS: do you remember when Adam's mom took emma to get her hair cut and she looked like the incredible hulk?!? your life could be so much worse :) Missing you in Charleston, D
Post a Comment