Sunday, August 17, 2008

edisto beach 2008


hello everyone! We just got back from our annual beach trip w/ the greenville crew. Every year we take a trip w/ Chris's best friends from high school & their families. Ten adults & 8 plus kids (so far...:) It is beyond fun & beyond crazy. Every family shares a room & it is histerical! Every sense of community living is seen here - not a bad way to live if you ask me:) Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the pics.. I know there are a lot but it was a little bit hard choosing from 400 + pictures...:)

























favorite quotes of the week...
1. "mom, do you smell my toot? I just tooted & it was nasty."

2. me to ellison...
"ellison stop taking your bow out of your hair - princesses wear bows"
chase to me...
"mommy, then why don't you wear bows in your hair? Aren't you a princess?"

3. "chase, when you get home I am going to pop you & it is going to hurt."
"it will not hurt, mommy, it will make me happy."

4. "mommy, that is not a good time-out spot b/c there are spiders over there

5. "mommy, you cannot kiss me b/c I have dirty lips b/c I just ate some crackers."

6." Chase, do not pull the cushions off the couch, this is not our house!"
"But mom, I was trying to make a fort & at our house it is nasty under the pillows so I have to make one here."

7. Chase, do you want some raisin toast for breaksfast? 
"no thank you.. I will just chew on my lambie."

8. Chase has a pet caterpillar that he found yesterday...
"mommy, can I t-t on Roofer?"
No.
"oh, can I t-t on you?
No.
"oh, on ellison?"

9. " I am gonna put some runny nose on you - in your eyes."

10. "mom, I want to put the crusty part of lambie in your mouth" - yuck!

11. "mom, jesus does not want you to pop me with the spoon. He wants you to be nice"

edisto woes
We are on vacation this week & of course sleeping is always an issue when you are on vacation. We all FOUR slept together this week.. enough said. So far so good until tonight. I put Ellison in bed & waited a good 30 minutes to put Chase to bed so he would not disturb her. Somehow she woke up & all chaos broke loose after that. They were both loud, etc. & all of a sudden they were quiet. "Oh wow.. better than I thought.. they are alseep now. I will go out on the porch & make a phone call." BOY WAS I WRONG!!! When I got in from making a phone call I noticed that the monitor was not showing all of the lights that it usually shows.. something was def. wrong. I went into their room to find that Chase had unplugged the monitor & thrown it in ellison's pack & play along w/ our 3 pillows, his lovies, water, & tennis raquet - you name it & it was in her bed. I went in there 3 more times & moved him to another bed before everyone was finally sleeping:)

Another "funny" that Chase pulled this week was that he decided that it was better to t-t in the trash cans than in the potty. Every time I let him go t-t by himself he would come back giggling..
"mommy, I got that trash really good!"
Oh lordy, help us......
(unfortnately he has continued that tradition at home:)

2 comments:

The Brantley Boys said...

Chase is too hilarious. I really love reading the quotes. I read them aloud to Adam and we laugh for about an hour.

The Growing Gunters said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time at the beach. I love all the pics and enjoy reading Chase's quotes, too cute! Of course you can add me to your blog and thanks for your sweet comment on our blog. Talk to you soon!