Sunday, April 20, 2008

photography 101














photography 101

The pictures above are ones that I took at my photography class this weekend. It was SO much fun & I learned SO much! I have always been interested in photography & took a class a long time ago so it was great to be able to relearn & practice some things. If any of you are willing to let me practice my skills out on your kids (or you) then let me know b/c I sure would love the practice:)


PUP

this is what Chris refers to as a "Public Urination Pass". He says that he automatically has one & that Chase should have one too. So.. keeping this in mind we are playing in the front yard last week & Chase has to use the bathroom. He says he wants to just go outside.

"okay, I guess that is allright"

After all, it is the same thing as being at the park without a bathroom, right?? I mean, what would I do then?

So I tell him to hurry & help him get his pants down. After all, I was on the phone talking to a friend from home & not paying much attention anyways & I wanted to get back to my phone conversation.

"hurry up, Chase"

When all of a sudden... he starts to crouch into the "poop stance"

"no, Chase, no!"

I hang up the phone.. but it was too late..

Chase was completely naked pooping on the front lawn.

Oh well, I guess I deserve it. What will the neighbors think now?....

(I really tried to stay away from the bathroom stories this time but I could not leave this one out:)


favorite quotes of the week...
1.we were on our way to a wedding & clearly Chase only sees me in sweats looking terrible b/c when I walked downstarirs I though he was going to have a heart attack..


"mommy, you look like a princess!
"thank you, Chase!"
" mommy, I am a prince & I am going to marry you. Will you dance with me?"
melt my heart...




2. I told Chase that I was going to "camera school" this weekend b/c I am taking a photography class on Saturday. His response was..

"' Oh, are you going to take pictures of all my grandpas?"

"Huh? Where does he come up with this stuff?"

3. so.. I muttered under my breath when I was VERY frustrated with the kids the other day..

"you kids are killing me today!"

A few hours later Chase looked at me & said..

"mommy, are we kids killing you today?

OOPS....Guess I better watch my words next time!


4. After Chase finished using the bathroom he looked down into it the potty & sweetly said (as if he had nothing to do with it)

"mom, is your phone in there?"

5. "I need to drink all of my milk so I can grow up big & strong like my dad & so I can work & be a doctor too...:)"



good neighbors

thank goodness for good neighbors! Boy are we blessed! I had called the Baucoms across the street to see if they knew the name of a good plumber last week when my phone got flushed. They were over at my house not 2 minutes later.
" I think I can fix this!" said Joe.

So... he proceeded to take the next few hours to disassemble my toilet, pull it away from the wall, get my cell phone out (no, I will not EVER use it again), go to Lowe's & buy new parts, & reassemble it. Oh, & for moral support his daughter (& our buddy), Katie, came over to watch Chase & give Ellison her bottle. Maggie, Joe's wife was his right hand man during the whole operation & I , well... I just watched & cheered them on ...he he!

2 comments:

Katiee said...

I think *we* have pretty good neighbors :) It's a blessing! Chase was so sweet tonight. A perfect angel. And sooo cuddly! As he likes to say "all warm and cozy"!!!

Leah said...

Hopie!!!!
It's Leah Gurley Mullins! I love seeing your children!!! How are things with you? Tell Bray hey for me! I have a blog of our life in Mississippi!
mullinsmania.blogspot.com
Love ya!
Leah