



bye-bye to my pretty pink phone
if you are considering having children anytime soon then do not read the rest of this blog entry... there, now I warned you & here it comes...
So, today I decided to go to the park with some friends & take a picnic lunch with the kids. My friend, Lori, stopped by with her little boy Dru & we played here for a few minutes. It is always a 15 minute ordeal when you try to get kids out of the door & it took great effort to get them into the car today..
"mommy, I want to ride with Dru"
"okay, Chase, go ahead"
After we got the boys in the car I made one last pit stop to the toilet b/c I knew that it would be a while before we got back home from the park. I was in a hurry & had put my cell phone in the pocket of my shorts. I stood up & flushed the toilet & as the water was gushing down the drain guess what slips out of my pocket?? You guessed it.. my little pink phone. Now this would not have really been a big deal if I had not already flushed. But with the water rushing down, my pink phone (that I bought in honor of Ellison the day before she was born) was now history. Of course, my phone is no stranger to misfortune. This is the same phone that I put in the freezer (yes, the freezer) with the advice of another friend (lindsay H-D this shout out goes to you, my friend). Lindsay H-D had emailed me & told me that if your phone gets wet that you can fix it if you put it in the freezer. To put this in perspective, she told me that this advice came from her chinese pedicure specialist when she dropped her phone in the foot bath. So I took it. And to my suprise it worked! At first I was a little bit worried b/c it had frostbite & took a few hours to thaw out but when it did it worked like new. This is also the same phone that Chase threw across the room & the cover broke off so Chris taped it with scotch tape in order to put it back together. I also thought it was broken for a third time last week when it stopped ringing.
"This cheap phone," I thought. A few days later after Ellison was "playing" with it (she turned up the volume with her mouth) it started working again. So after endless jokes from Chris about me needing to get a new phone, I guess he will finally get his wish .....
As if it was not bad enough losing my phone, Chase was terrible at the park so we had to come home early. I got out of the car, put Ellison down on the floor, & put Chase on the potty before bed. Then I felt it.... my shirt was wet & smelly.. what was that???
No, not poo-poo AGAIN!!! Do I have "please poop on me or in my house" just written across my forehead? Ellison's diaper had leaked & so when I put her down it was all over my shirt. So.. I went over to get her & change her & took Chase off of the potty b/c I did not want him to flush it again in case there was any possible chance at salvaging my phone. I put him in the other room & went over to change Ellison's diaper but did not put underwear on Chase yet. So, as I am changing her I heard from the other room..
"flush, flush, flush"
"CHASE!!!! NO!!!!!!! OOOOOHHH, now I am really mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After a spanking on his bare bottom I continued to change Ellison who was screaming at this point b/c she did not want her diaper changed - she HATES it! After I got her all cleaned up I turned around to find Chase squatting on the playroom floor & pooping. WHAT???? What is this, a barn??? I could not belive it!!! What is the deal around here with poo-poo???
I mean really... earlier in the week we had playgroup at my house. My friend, LindsAy had stayed afterwards so that we could feed our kids together & so that we would not have to endure what we call "the worst part of the day" alone. After dinner the boys were playing outside & we hear Keller say
"what is on Chase's hands?"
"LindsAy goes & looks & reports back to me that Chase has taken off his clothes outside & pooped on the concrete. I would attribute this to partly being my fault b/c I had not put him on the potty in 4 hours. But REALLY.... will I ever get a break from all this poo-poo??? Oh, and later on Chris found the cat licking it up.. OOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO.... to make a long story short, please send me both of your phone numbers - home & cell. I cannot call you b/c I have not memorized ANYONE's numbers except for Chris's. Oh, & if you live outside of Charlotte I really cannot call you b/c I do not have long distance on my home phone, which means that we probably will not talk until you call me at home or I get a new phone. Okay, now off to my lovely rest of the day...:) You enjoy yours....
3 comments:
I am dying laughing as I am reading this! Just when I thought I hated being single...Now I am thinking otherwise. Have fun super mom!
i can't believe you spank your children, what kind of mother are you..hehehe
i like to call it toddler angst, mine have it too!
Hope, I can barely stand how funny this is! And its real??? What patience you are graced with...I'll stay with my puppy dog who uses her doggy door to go outside when its potty time:) Hope, your children are gorgeous, adorable, and I guess little teeteepoopoo machines too!
Love, Lucie
Post a Comment