I would love to tell you this was her first cupcake but...:)
a princess always wears her tiara & feather boa

Yiayia & ellison have the same b-day - July 14!!!

sweet aunt emily made these from SCRATCH (she is so talented)!!! Thank goodness she will be officially in the family in SIX days - we need someone like her around:)

a trip to see the doctor...
tonight I did the unthinkable.. took the kids to see dad at work for dinner. Sometimes (actually, very rarely) I will feel adventurous & take the kids down to the hospital to eat dinner with Chris. It seems like a great idea at the time - bypassing the worst 2 hours of the day with dad, no kitchen clean-up, & straight to bed when we get home. What could be better, right? Once again, bad idea, Hope!!!!!!!!!
Tonight we go to the hospital at 5 & I told Chris that I would page him when we got there. No answer after the first page, or the 2nd, or the 3rd. Oh no.... what is going on here?? So.. this nice doctor let us into the physicians lounge with his special key. I told Chase to sit quietly in the chair until daddy got there & to NOT play with the computers. YEAH RIGHT!!! After about 30 seconds of sitting (no, really it was like 10 seconds) Chase hopped up & went straight to the computer to try to watch Elmo.
"no chase, get off of the doctor computers, they are not for boys."
"why mom?"
"because I said so"
So.. he goes over to physicians drink refrigerator & starts screaming until I get him a drink out. In a effort to not totally embarass myself I let him have whatever he wants out of the stinking fridge:) He takes one sip, puts it down & never looks at it again. WHAT???? All that screaming for ONE sip????? Then, he goes over to ellison & scratches her right below her eyeballs.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH screams ellison after she takes 5 minutes to build up enough breath for it to come out VERY loudly & she wakes up the poor resident who is trying to take a nap on his break.
"oh no, oh no, we need to get out of here.. NOW...
I immediately open the physicians lounge door to leave & Chase runs out & down the hall
"Chase, come back here... !!!
I try to get the stroller out of the door & it gets stuck. What do I do? No one bothers to come to my aid.. not the sleeping resident, not the quiet weird-looking older people (a residents parents maybe?) in the lounge who were giving me dirty looks - No one.
So.. after a long struggle I finally manage to get my sroller out from the door jam & start to run down the hallway after Chase while frantically pushing my double stroller. When I finally get to him I put him in time-out immediately...right under a really nice piece of artwork - oops! I turned around 5 minutes later to find him BANGING on the artwork & it is about to fall off the wall.. "oh no, oh no!"
I quickly rearrange his time-out spot & try to beep chris again. He answers this time.
"chris, if you are not down here in 30 seconds flat then we are OUT OF HERE!"
door opens, & Chris enters just in time:) Whew.. I am tired!
favorite quotes of the week:
1.my niece, Mary Catherine, was shaking her booty at Chase & he responded...
"do you have a baby in your fanny?" he he!! I guess she has the ellison bubble butt...:)
2. When MC was here I heard a shriek from Chase's room when he woke up..
"mommy, there is a girl thing in here... get it out!!!"
I looked at his dresser to find a pink headband that MC had left behind.... you would have thought it was a spider or roach... boys:)
3. after a 3 hour car ride where they both SCREAMED for 2.5 of it, one of the chants that Chase was screaming was
"mommy, you have poo-poo on your eyes, you have poo-poo on your face, poo-poo on your eyes. etc, etc. etc. for HOURS!!!"
1 comment:
Too funny, Hope! I am starting to get REAL nervous for Harrison to grow up. I guess boys will be boys at every age. Ellison is adorable. She looks like a mini-Chase.
Post a Comment