








2nd cousins..
so.. we have a lot of 2nd cousins here in Charlotte.. a few of whom we have never even met. We have LOVED every single one of them & wish that we got together with them more often. The last one of my 2nd cousins that I met was in a doctor's office waiting room when we first moved to Charlotte. After Chase hit her son on the head (HARD) & he was screaming I felt like the kind thing to do was to make friends with her. As we were talking we figured out that yes, we were 2nd cousins. In fact, I knew all about her & had just not met her yet b/c I had just moved to Charlotte... OH.. embarassing! Tonight was another episode of an embarassing cousin meeting. Chris, the kids, & I were meeting some of my 2nd cousins (that I had not met yet) at their country club for dinner. It was a VERY nice club & we had a wonderful time! They had a "family room" where the kids could eat & run around & be crazy. But really.. this club was nice & FANCY! Right as dinner was wrapping up & the kids were running around in circles around the table their daughter started screaming & pointing to the fire. "Truck, truck," she was screaming. Huh? we thought. Then I saw it - smoke coming from the beautifully lit gas fire place. Not normal.. after all, it was a GAS fire place! Oh no, I thought.... Immediately I knew it was one of my children. Their daughter kept pointing to the fireplace until we saw it. Ellison (no, this is not a typo - it really was Ellison & not Chase - boy am I in for it) had thrown a plastic truck into the gas fireplace & it was now smoking. Not only was it smoking but smoke was filling up the room & FAST! Oh no... not again I thought..!! The room immediately filled with waiters & waitresses fanning out the place & opening doors. Really, it was a spectacle. Finally, a chef came out from the back & with some pots & pans he grabbed the burning plastic truck & ran it back into the kitchen where he somehow put the fire out. Whew.. I feel like I was actually lucky tonight b/c the fire department did NOT show up. Can you imagine if that had happened? It really would not have shocked me though.. really nothing does these days..:)
favorite quotes of the week:
1.me: "Chase, Ellison is asking Santa for a kitchen set for Christmas, what do you want"
Chase: "a black spiderman kitchen set"
2. "mom, I want a black spiderman iphone for Christmas"
3 comments:
Cowgirl Ellison is adorable! Love her boots!
That fire story is unbelievable! Yikes!
Love your pix - especially the solo shot of Ellison in her costume. And, her boots are precious. I'd love a pair of those!
Wow... one would think that an exciting visit by some of your BFFs would have made the blog, but I guess we walked away with different impressions of our time in Charlotte. Sad...
Post a Comment