Friday, March 21, 2008

telescope

"Chase, you may not take your telescope into the grocery store."
"But I want to, mama!"
"OK, but you have to be very careful not to lose it!"

So... we walk into the grocery store. I think that I have it made b/c Chris is feeding, bathing, & putting Ellison to sleep.. what a breeze (or so I think!). Thanks to one of mybest friends, Courtney, our grocery store has the kid-size carts that the kids can drive around. How cute, I thought... since it is just Chase & I then I can let him push around the little cart, right?? WRONG!!!

After I sat in the line for the Red Box for AT LEAST 15 minutes with Chase in the "go" stance ready to attack the grocery store, the girl who was making her selection turned to me & said...
" is Atonement a better movie than Firebirds?"

"WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say to her!! My child is sitting here being as patient as his little 2 yr. old body can be & you are asking someone that sees MAYBE 2 movies a year which one is better?? I DON'T KNOW, but move over girl!!!

SO.... I left the red box & started to shop while she slowly & very painfully picked out her movie.

I gave Chase some bread samples b/c I thought it was healthier than the free cookies that they usually offer. And kept giving them to him.. again & again & again...

Finally we made it over to the beer section to get daddy some drinks.

"mommy, I need some more bread."

"no, Chase, you have had enough bread for now."

... & I turn around & he is RUNNING across the grocery store toward the bread.. EEEKKKK!! HELP!!!!

I don't know about you guys but I do not carry a purse anymore - just a wallet that can fit nicely into my diaper bag. So.. my wallet is sitting in the front of my grocery cart as he runs away from me. Suddenly I am left with a choice.. run after Chase or grab my wallet... Chase... wallet... Chase.. wallet.. as I was quickly contemplating my decision I thought.. "what am I thinking, go after your child, Hope!" And so I run... as fast as lightning.. toward Chase who is now well on his way to the bread section. When I finally chatch up to him, I scold him & tell him that he is naughty. Then, we sprint back to my wallet, which was thankfully still there. So I then buy him a snack to keep him quiet & tell him he can have just one.

"just one," he repeats. Then I hand him one.

"just two" he says & I hand him another one.

"just a few" he says & I realize that I have once again been had...

We pay for the groceries & then make it to the car.

"my telescope, where is my telescope?"

"what?????, I ask?
"my telescope!"

So.. after we are about halfway to our house.. I turn around to go back for the telescope that I told him not to bring into the grocery store.. kids....!!

morning breath

"that's stinky!"
"what, chase?"
"that! It smells like poo-poo, you need some medicine for that!"
"what?"
and he points to my mouth.... guess I had some terrible morning breath
"no chase, I think I just need to brush my teeth!"

No comments: